The season started with a bang for Erling Haaland. The 22-year-old striker has so far bagged 23 goals in 18 matches in all competitions for Manchester City, but he and his Norway teammates were reduced to spectators as the World Cup took the central stage for the past month.
The 22-year-old is obviously raring to go as club football returns this week, and he ll have a chance of making a big impact on Thursday, when City face Liverpool in the Carabao Cup. He has so far played twice against the Merseysiders since joining the Premier League champions, but he s yet to score or avoid defeat against them. This will surely be a good opportunity.
Erling needs games
How Erling Haaland has been coping during the Premier League break
— Football Daily (@football…
Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Lucas Moura said he was unhappy at the Ligue 1 club as he continues to be left out.
Lucas, 25, has played just six games in all competitions for PSG this season.
The Brazil international has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Tottenham in January.
Lucas, who arrived at PSG in 2013, said he was shattered he was being given little game time by the Ligue 1 giants.
It s a brutal blow. I m gutted that I m no longer playing, to no longer be able to express myself as I was doing before, he told L Equipe.
I m not happy. I thought I d built something solid with this club, but that s clearly not the case.
While Lucas continues to be linked with a Premier League switch, the midfielder feels he may be better off wi…
Nemanja Matic has fueled speculation that he could be set to leave Chelsea after being pictured with his agent in Milan, .
The Serbia international was linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge in the summer with Juventus his most likely destination.
However, he has been a regular in Antonio Conte’s side so far this season playing in all seven of their games so far.
This is the twenty-eight year old’s second spell with the Blues, having been briefly with them before joining Benfica in January 2011.
He returned to Chelsea three years later and in total has played for them one hundred and twenty times, scoring five goals and was part of the squad that won both the League Cup and the Premier League title in 2015.
He has been capped twen…
Porto s Primeira Liga title defence is all but over after they suffered a 2-1 loss at Nacional on Sunday and fell 15 points behind Benfica.
Another defeat for the third-placed Porto means realistic chances of catching leaders Benfica are done dusted with just five matches to play.
Benfica – who won 1-0 at Sporting Braga on Sunday – are seven points ahead of Sporting Lisbon, who sit second.
Porto have now lost five of their last 11 league matches, a far cry from their usual imperious form, after fifth-placed Nacional strengthened their push for European football with an impressive win.
Candeias gave Nacional an early lead in Madeira, only for Jackson Martinez to level for Porto just after half-time.
Colombian Martinez is the league s top scorer, but his …
Lionel Messi is a one-off and football will not see a player like the Barcelona and Argentina star again, says Erik Lamela.
Messi struck a hat-trick against PSV to get Barca s Champions League campaign off to a flying start this week, while he has hit four goals in four LaLiga games.
Even Messi could not inspire Argentina to success at the World Cup, though, as Jorge Sampaoli s side crashed out at the round of 16 stage to eventual winners France.
International disappointment has plagued Messi s career, with the 31-year-old on the losing side in three Copa America finals, as well as at the 2014 World Cup.
Messi missed Argentina s matches against Guatemala and Colombia in the September international break but team-mate Lamela is in no doubt as to the Barca …
Swansea midfielder Ki Sung-yueng has emerged as a summer transfer target for Serie A side AC Milan.
The Italian media report that Rossoneri have already made an approach towards the South Korean’s representatives over a summer switch to AC Milan with Ki said to have given his nod to AC Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli.
Ki Sung-yueng’s contract with Premier League strugglers Swansea is set to expire at the end of the season and the South Korea international will be joining the Italian behemoths as a free agent.
The 29-year-old has been with the Swans since his 2012 move from Celtic. Ki Sung-yeung is seen as a valuable option for AC Milan who are looking to add depth to their squad with a versatile player capable of filling in a number of positio…
is no longer happy at and the player is already contemplating a move away from Bianconeri, the has suggested.
The Argentina international is said to be eyeing a move to either or as he is growing increasingly frustrated at Juventus.
Paulo Dybala has apparently burnt the bridges with Juventus boss Max Allegri after with the head coach at the weekend and is already pondering a summer move to a top Spanish side, according to reports.
Premier League club are also believed to be keen on the 23-year-old star, but Dybala himself is said to be determined to push for a summer move to Spain, rather than England.
Paulo Dybala is on a valid contract with Juventus which expires in 2020 and the latest breakdown in his relationship with Allegri will scrap the cl…
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer s working relationship with the club he loves is set to carry on until at least 2024 after he signed an extension with Manchester United.
The deal, a pre-season boost as United prepare for a new campaign, came with a glowing endorsement from outgoing executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, who talked up the foundations in place for long-term success on the pitch in the official statement released by the club.
There are obvious reasons to be so optimistic, too, considering the Red Devils finished runners-up to Manchester City in the Premier League and also reached the Europa League final.
However, as has become a worrying trend of late, they still came up short in the quest for silverware. Solskjaer s new deal, plus the signing of Jadon Sancho…
The pre-season in Major League Soccer is in full swing and clubs are looking for players they are going to sign right now. The teams will be able to sign new players even until early May, but they would still like to sign most of their new players at this point. And one of those players could surprisingly be Giuseppe Rossi.
Former Manchester United forward could be joining Real Salt Lake, which is great news considering the Italian has been without the club for the past 18 months. He will turn 33 years old this Saturday and he has not been playing for any side since the end of the 2017-18 season when his contract with Genoa expired. Former Italy international had a lot of serious injuries throughout his career but he might be at a new beginning.
Rossi is training with R…
According to L Equipe, Liverpool s Alberto Moreno has come up on the radar of Olympique Marseille.
The Spaniard s contract with the Merseyside club is set to expire next summer, and he s unlikely to sign a new one as his place in the team is being held firmly by Andy Robertson.
Moreno arrived at Anfield in the summer of 2014 from Sevilla, and since then he has lost his spot to three different players, centre-back Joe Gomez at the start of 2015/16, midfielder James Milner in 2016/17, and now Robertson. He may have regained it from the first two due to various circumstances, but he doesn t look likely to displace the Scotland international any time soon.
The situation has alerted a number of clubs to his availability, and he has been linked with moves to Barcelona…